In conquest to cook and eat healthier versions of everything possible, yesterday I came up with this non fried Chicken Piccata. And found it tastier than the fried one!!
Here is what you will need to make this one:
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned and skinned.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tea spoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tea spoon crushed black pepper
- 1 cup orange juice, divided. I used orange juice yesterday cause I didnt have any lemons! you can very well use 1 lemon.
- 1 table spoon potato flour
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 table spoon capers, drained
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
Here is what you will do:
- Dab and dry chicken over paper towels.
- Mix garlic salt, egg, black pepper, 1/2 cup orange juice and potato flour in a medium size bowl. Mix it well.
- Oil the baking tray.
- Coat chicken pieces with the mix in the bowl and place them flat n the baking tray.
- Preheat the oven at 375F and let the chicken back for an hour or till it is golden brown. Of course you don’t have an hour, you might just fry them in a pan.
- Once chicken is almost done or when you are ready to plate it, start making the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add garlics and capers. Turn it briskly for a minute of so.
- Add remaining orange juice, left over from coating mix, parsley and chicken stock. Reduce the mix to 1/2 by stirring continuously.
- Plate the chicken and pour the sauce over it.
- I usually like to serve it with grits instead of pasta, taste wonderful!