- 1 large eggplant, sliced in 1/2″ thk slices
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Drizzle salt over eggplant slices, set it aside for 10-15 minutes. After that transfer the slices on paper towel and dry them by pressing gently.
- Heat oil in a pan and place the slices in a single layer on high heat. Flip them after 3 minutes. Once they are nicely browned on both the sides, place them in a prepared oven dish.
- Blend oil, garlic, basil leaves and lemon juice together to form a paste.
- Pour the paste over eggplants. Place one tomato slice over one eggplant slice. Sprinkle cheese generously.
- Preheat oven at 375 deg F and bake the eggplants for 25-30 minutes.