One day I thought I looked pretty cause I wore a new dress. So I told him, I look pretty. He said then we must go to a pretty place and just like that we went to Le Bernardin. For no reason other than I thought I looked pretty.
Thats where we had this unforgettable cauliflower soup. But it came in those tiny little tasting shot glasses, so we had to ask for more, and we did! we got proper bowl full of soups, yummm, will never forget that taste. I dont know how they make it, but this is how I make it. Except for they had added some truffle oil and I didn’t.
You need following for this amazing soup:
- 1/2 head of medium size cauliflower, chopped. Use only white part, not the green leaves
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 onion chopped finely
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cups chicken stock/ vegetable stock for veggie version
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Combine everything except for chicken stock and cream. Sauté the mix on medium heat in a deep pot.
- Mix it frequently with spatula, add stock when onion turns translucent.
- Cover and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit, then blend it for puree. Taste for salt.
- Add cream or truffle oil and serve.
- I used neither. Just sprinkled some dried parsley, was still great.