Last time we went to P F Chang, wasn’t a very good experience. The waitress was preoccupied, food was mediocre etc. So as a revenge I made P. F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps at home and I assure you these turned out better than the original. Of course they were the improvised version. Made them little more colorful by using red bell peppers and spring onions. The added red and green. Why not? After all the food appreciation starts from it’s looks. Something that looks good and smells good, we assume it will taste good. Almost always it does, unless you have forgotten the salt!
- 1 chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- 2 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (I like dark meat, that’s why I mixed it. If you don’t. Then use one more breast)
- 1 can water chest nuts
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fish sauce/ soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice/ vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6-7 lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Chop chicken, mushrooms, water chest nuts, bell pepper and spring onions into tiny pieces
- Heat oil in a pan and add chicken. Saute’ chicken for a while on medium to high, till it’s dry, golden brown and starts to give away some oil.
- Take the chicken out and set it aside. Add mushrooms, water chest nuts, red bell pepper and spring onions to the pan and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the mix looks dry add rest of the ingredients, except lettuce leaves. Mix it well and add chicken. Mix it for a minute more.
- Set lettuce leaves in a plate and add the mix in each leaf. Serve it.