Two things motivated me to create this drink. My reduced coffee in take keeping me away from Pumpkin Spice Latte and the cold stormy rains today.
This fall, Pumpkin Spice Latte has been my new found love. As I am trying to stay away from coffee, I try to have it every alternate day and to reduce sugar and other fat things, I order it skinny, no whipped cream, 1 1/2 pump Pumpkin Spice Latte. So I need something that replaces my beloved Pumkin Spice Latte.
The another motivation was my mumbaikar compulsive need to have Masala Chai whenever it rains combined with cold hot chocolate New England weather. I just combined both. The first sip was little surprising but then I loved it.
Here is what you need to make 2 cups of Chocolate Spice Chai Latte:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 black tea bags, tags removed
- 2 tbsp Nestle Cocoa mix
- A pinch of ginger powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- Combine everything except cocoa and nutmeg powder in a deep saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add nutmeg to it and turn the heat off.
- In 2 cups divide the cocoa powder and pour chai over it.
- Stir and enjoy it while looking at the rain outside of a window.