This is one of my best creations so far. This one is for you to impress your guests.
Serves: 4, Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 cup crab meat (I get claw meat. for two reasons: one I like it better and I think it’s cheaper)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp caviar (optional, just makes it look nicer)
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- Slice eggplants into 1/4″ thick diagonal slices, you should get 8-10 slices. Marinade them with salt in a ziplock bag.
- In a bowl mix crab, mayonnaise and spring onion and set it aside.
- Drain the excess water from eggplant slices and dry them on paper towels. Empty the ziplock bag completely and wipe it on inside with a paper towel. Add flour and eggplant slices to the same bag and toss the bag from one hand to another so that slices are evenly coated with flour.
- Heat a tbsp of oil on a large skillet on medium heat and arrange all the egg plant slices on the skillet. If you don’t have a skillet large enough, you can sear the slices in two batches. Turn the slices over after 5-7 minutes, or when they are brown on one side. Let them brown on the other as well then place them on a paper towel for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the slices on a serving plate, once they are cooled a bit put a spoonful of crab mix on every slice. Decorate with dash of caviar.
- Your guests would think of you as a great chef! 🙂