This is the best thing I could ever do to a crab and the best crab I have ever eaten. My eyes water, nose runs but the heart and stomach bless me for satisfying them. In addition to time for cooking you need lots of time available to eat this crab, only then your heart and stomach will be happy like mine.
To get that happiness from your crab, you need:
- 2 lbs crab legs, washed and dried on paper towel
- 2 chopped onions divided
- 1 tsp shredded ginger
- 8 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup dry coconut flakes
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 4 cloves
- 2″ cinnamon
- 4 cardamoms
- 8 black pepper corns
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a pan and add all the dry spices from chill pepper flakes to cumin, fry it for a while.Follow it with coconut flakes, half of onions, ginger and garlic. Keep turning till the mix is evenly browned but not burned. Blend the mix with 2 tbsp of water in a blender to form a smooth paste. Set it aside.
- Now fry the rest of the onion in a pan till it’s translucent. Add the spices paste and crabs. Mix it and simmer it covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover and mix it well for another 3-4 minutes. Finish it with fresh chopped coriander. Tastes the best with rice or savory pancakes/ crepes or dose.