Fried fish is the best thing that happened to mankind. Crispy yummy fish doesn’t have to be dripping with oil. Doesn’t need 3 cups of oil. Oil spray can do the job as well.
- 12 oz catfish, sliced diagonally in 2″ wide pieces
- 1 egg, lightly bitten
- 3/4 cup gluten free all baking purpose flour, I used Bob’s
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Oil spray
- In a ziplock bag mix flour, corn starch, salt and pepper.
- Dip fish in egg and drop it in the ziplock bag containing flour.
- Roll the bag so that flour completely covers the fish pieces.
- Let it stand of 5-10 minutes so that all juices are soaked in flour
- Spray baking tray with oil.
- Arrange the fish in the baking tray and spray oil on it.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven 400deg F
- Bake till the you see a light brown/ golden brown crust in the fish
- Serve it hot with anything and everything.