Do they eat orange beef in China? I need to ask someone. Whether chinese or not, this is it’s healthier version. Not sure if it’s yummier but almost there.
- 1 lb beef (the stir fry one, thinner the better)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper paste
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 cups veggies like snow peas, broccoli, shredded carrots etc
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a ziplock bag combine everything except corn starch, veggies and oil, for an hour or so.
- Drain the beef in a large colander, save the dripping for later use and add beef to corn starch. Wait till corn starch absorbs all the juices.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add beef and stir fry it on high heat for 5 minutes or little more.
- Add the sauce and veggies. Stir it for another 5 minutes.
- Eat it by itself or with rice.