This recipe is for our dear friend Vilas. He has had cold on and off and needs my mom’s special herbal tea to make him feel better.
As a child I often suffered from runny nose and this is what my Aai gave me before the bed. It soothes the itchy throats and runny noses, allows you to rest well and get well sooner!
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil or 4-5 leaves of fresh basil
- 1″ cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamoms (optional)
- 4 cloves (optional)
- 2-3 cups water
- Crush cinnamon, cardamom and cloves together.
- Mix everything with water and bring it to boil, let it boil for 2-3 minutes
- If it’s too hot add some cold water and sip it warm
- And if you are making it for someone else, you may make it look nicer with lemon slice and cinnamon stick 🙂