Kale walnut pesto noodles with shrimp and oyster mushrooms, how much more gourmet can it get? A recipe that inspired me to write a blog post after such a long time. Recently bought a Spiralizer, if you still don’t have it and wish to eat more fibre, this is something you must add to your tools. It’s my recent obsession, I spiral all possible veggies, even tried it with an onion. In case you are interested in knowing, it doesn’t work.
After an attempt to steal a pesto pasta from a friends lunch at office, I had to go home and make something with pesto.
Spiralizer, craving for pesto and need to eat healthy is what made this recipe happen.
For Zoodle Pasta:
Fresh Basil leaves 1 cup
Kale 1 cup
Garlic 4 cloves
Oil 2 tbsp
Thai chile 1 (absolutely optional)
Parmesan cheese 3 tbsp (2 for pesto, 1 for decor. Optional again!)
Tasted chopped walnuts 3 tbsp (2 for pesto, 1 for decore)
Salt 1/2 tsp
Some additions if you want:
Chopped oyster mushrooms 1 cup
Shelled, cleaned, deveined shrimps 1 cup
Halved cherry tomatoes 1 cup
- Spriralize the zoodles. make zoodles
- Put all the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and chop roughly. Don’t forget to save some walnuts and cheese for the decor.
- In a pan saute oyster mushrooms and shrimps, season them with salt and pepper
- Mix everything together and it’s ready! The best and healthiest pesto pasta ever.
- Next day you can throw the left overs on a tortilla and have a great shrimp pesto taco for breakfast. Like this one!