This is a French Onion Soup inspired soup. Healthier than its origin, due to added vegetables and no bread. This time I made it from left over Brisket gravy. Tasted real good! However recipe below is from the scratch.
Time: 50 minutes total, 20 minutes active and 30 inactive
You will need:
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 potato quartered (this allows the cheese to float in absence of a bread)
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, not very matured not very young
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add onion and garlic, sauté it for a while till it turns brown
- Add broth, and all other vegetables
- Take it off the heat when broth is reduced to 2/3rd
- Let it cool and then puree it in a blender
- Take it out in an oven proof individual bowls. This recipe is for 2, so it will be 2 bowls.
- Preheat the oven at 350F and place the bowls on top shelf.
- Take it out and serve when cheese has started to turn brown on edges.