I have been making these for last two weeks and every time I make them I learn something new and improve. The most evolved version is dates and walnut, dessert edition.
These healthy scooby snacks have replaced anytime cookies. Sometimes they become our desserts and sometimes on the run breakfast.
Just mix up and load them in before dinner and they are ready by the time your finish dinner. That’s how I make them. You may choose to make them on Sunday and eat all through the week.
I don’t remember where I read the original recipe, I will add the link when I find it again. Till then use my version(s).
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds (for healthier version)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips/ 2 tbsp brown sugar/ 2 tbsp agave syrup (use any one of these for dessert version, you can use lesser quantity for normal healthy version)
- 1 cup chopped banana+strawberries/ banana+black berries/ dates/ apricot (select any one)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (go well with dates/apricots/black berries) or pistachios (look pretty with strawberries)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter (for dessert version)
- 1 tsp vanilla or 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Heat the oven at 350 deg F
- Mix all dry ingredients, nuts and fruits in a oven trey.
- In a bowl beat the egg. Add milk, extract and butter (if using) to it.
- Pour the wet mix into dry mix.
- Tap the trey gently. So that dry and wet ingredients mix well.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes.
- When ready it wont be as hard as granola bars but for because of the way they look, everyone will call them bars!