If it tastes like dosa, if it looks like dosa, then it must be dose. So what if it is not made from rice. What I have here is Oatmeal Dosa. While doing my experiments with Oatmeal Pancakes, just by coincidence I made this one. And now I will make it again and again. Like any other Dosa, this is gluten free but not vegetarian.
For this you will need:
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Blend everything together to form a batter, if you think it’s too thick, add some water.
- Use 1/4th of the mix to make one dosa.
- Just pour the batter on well heated non stick pan and swirl it to form a full round dose. when it starts leaving the pan from sides, flip it over with spatula and let cook on the other side too.
- This wont be crispy like normal dosa but soft like neer dosa. Tastes good with curries. Especially Goat Curry or Chicken Stew Curry.
Things to be careful about:
Let the pan heat well but not burn when you pour the batter.