Seriously I didn’t know it was so easy to make! Ever since I was a child I loved bone marrow. Being from non beef eating culture all I could do was suck bone marrow out of lamb curry. Without being aware about people around me, I used to focus on single piece of lamb bone marrow and wouldn’t give up till I didn’t finish it all. Yes, it’s not as easy as beef bone marrow, unless you get it cracked from butcher. And I don’t think butchers were aware of my love for bone marrow.
It was last pass over when I realized, one can buy only bones. Then graduated to taste it at restaurants and today it was the greatest achievement when I made tastiest bone marrow. I was surprised with it’s price tag ($3.89 for 5 number of 3″ pieces) and was even more surprised with ease of making it.
Anyways I have to put in lot of effort in not eating it every other day. Let’s me know how do you resist it after making it once.
You need exactly 3 ingredients:
- 5 pieces beef bone marrow (enough for 2 people)
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp salt
All you need to do is:
- Soak bones in water for 15 minutes or so
- Preheat the oven at 400deg F
- Dry the bones on paper towel and place them in a oven proof trey
- Roast on higher shelf for 20-25 minutes or till you see fat separating from the bones and collecting in the trey
- Take the trey out, sprinkle with salt and parsley and eat it with nicely flavored rice. I ate it with tomato rice, was heaven!