It’s been more than a year since we gave up bread. Since then I have always been in search of something to replace bread. Especially with Curry or Currylike Stews. Mostly I think of making doses, a South Indian savory crepe. But it needs at least 24 hours of pre planning. I needed something that’s savory, and instant to make. And my search ended when I stumbled upon these Gluten Free Oatmeal Pancakes. I only customized the recipe to make them savory. Here is the recipe.
You will need:
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (you can do 1/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/4 cup yogurt too.)
- 1/2 tsp salt (sometimes I use garlic salt)
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil spray
- Mix everything well in a blender to form a smooth batter. The batter should have honey like consistency.
- Spray a pan with with oil spray pan, let heat well.
- Then pour 1/4 cup batter at a time swirl it to form a thin crepe. When the sides start browning turn it over carefully with a spatula. Take it off when other side is cooked.
- You can fill the pancake with filling of your choice like spinach-mushroom, ham and cheese or eat it with currylike stews/ curries.