Just a few simple ingredients and even simpler recipe! No need to tie, no over night freezing, no brine. Just simple crispy and soft chicken.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oil
- Empty the chicken’s cavity and dry it with paper towels, inside out.
- Drizzle salt and pepper over the chicken, no oil yet. Place the chicken on a baking rack in a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 450 deg F and bake the chicken for 50 minutes.
- Take it out and drizzle oil and thyme over it. Bake for another 30-35 minutes.
- You can let it rest for 5 minutes or so and your yummy chicken is ready.