This is one of the simplest and cheapest thing you can make for breakfast, makes a good side too. This is inspired from Grandma Clara’s Cooking During the Great Depression. She makes this with sausages, I tried it with Ham! Turned out well.
Just a few things that you will need:
- 4 potatoes, washed and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 slices ham, cut into square pieces
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- Heat oil in the pan, add potatoes and onion.
- Let it cook while turning it for 5 minutes open and simmer covered for 15.
- Open and turn it while scrapping the bottom for a while.
- Check potatoes if they are cooked by poking with knife/fork, it should go thru without any resistance.
- Add ham if potatoes are cooked. Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finish it with salt and pepper if you like. sweet of ham and spiciness of black pepper tastes well together.
- Serve it hot and have it with ketchup if you like.