Just tried to improvise on Jewish latke by making them like Indian parathas or thalipith. Takes 10 minutes to prep, 10 to wait and 10 to make and 5 to eat!
- 1/2 packet potato pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves, pluck the stems and use only leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil to fry
- In a mixing bowl break the egg and beat it lightly, add latke mix, water and spinach
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Heat oil in a shallow pan on medium heat and drop a tbsp of mix at a time, and spread it to give a roughly round shape. You can drop mix for 4 pancakes at time in a similar fashion.
- After 2 minutes turn the pancakes with the help of a spatula. Turn them back on other side after 2 minutes. Continue turning them after every 2 minutes till they are brown but not burnt.
- Serve with sour cream