This is another one of my creation. Lamb chops inspired by baba ganoush. Or let’s say lamb chops using same marinade as baba ganoush spices. Just an experiment that turned out great.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 1/2 lb lamb chops
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make paste of all the ingredients except lamb and eggplant in a blender and divide it.
- Brush some oil on eggplant, poke it with a fork or knife at 8-10 places and broil it on high for 45 minutes.
- In a ziplock bag combine the spice paste and lamb chops. Roll the bag a few times so that the paste completely coats the lamb. Let it marinate for 45 minutes.
- Once the eggplant is cooked, take it out of the oven and let it cool on cooling rack or a plate.
- Preheat oven at 375 deg F. This should not take time as you just used the oven for broiling the eggplant. In an oven proof trey place the lamb chops and bake it for an hour or so.
- While lamb chops are getting done, peel the eggplant and paste it in a blender with the marinade paste.
- Once the lab chops are ready serve them with the baba ganoush.
- Just to add some starch to the dinner I pan seared some boiled potato slices. If you are not gluten free you can very well have pita bread with this.