Currently, I am enjoying delicious food cooked by Z Dad and Z Mom in Seattle. No cooking for me at least for a week. So I will be having some guest bloggers here. Starting with my sister Monali Kadkade.
Me being a “Cooking Monster”, while growing up I rarely allowed my sisters to cook. So if they have limited interest in cooking I am the one who should be blamed. However whenever they do cook, they come with many creative ways of cooking. Especially my younger sister, she is a master of easy, lazy and quick cooking.
The Chicken Tikka Masala she boasted about today, is a great example of easy lazy yet a very delicious example of one of her great recipes. Most of her recipes evolve as she goes on cooking. Here is that CTM for you!
In her own words: “This is how I literally made it.” . The entire recipe is just the way she wrote except for a few minor edits.
This CTM needs
- 2 onions: chopped fine and long
- 3-4 cloves garlic: crushed/chopped
- 3 Lbs organic chicken thighs- Skin and bone selection up to you. For me skinless boneless and Sareen (her husband) will get skin and bone in thighs
- 1 packet chicken tikka masala mix
- Salt to taste, the salt in masala mix is not enough for my taste
- Handful raisins
- Handful chopped cashew nuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cilantro- I was very irritated, I was out of it.
- 1-2 Green chilies, I kinda figured a little heat would help – split in half
- Water 500 ml- because the packet says to add it