Life is getting busy. Too busy to write my recipes not too busy to cook. Hopefully I will never let my life get too busy to cook.
This is the recipe I demoed at Le Cruset’s Assembly Row Location in Sommerville, MA. Even curry hating people landed up loving it! They came back for 5th and 6th sample. Doesn’t have any spices, only herbs. And the recipe is like a formula, replace a few items and get a different curry.
- 2 cups Chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, cut into 1″X 1″ pieces
- 2 cups chopped veggies: carrots, green/red/yellow/orange peppers, onions, green beans, mushrooms, eggplant. Select any or all of these.
- 1 cup/bunch cilantro
- 2 cups (or lesser) coconut milk
- 2 green chili peppers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For sauce: Combine cilantro, green chili peppers, salt and garlic in a blender and make a paste. Add some water if necessary. Add this paste to coconut milk and set it aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and throw in those chicken pieces, sauté them on medium-high heat till they are cooked
- Add vegetables and sauté on high heat till little tender, just a little
- Finally, pour in that sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Thicken it to consistency you like. enjoy it with rice!