I have converted non lamb eaters to lamb eaters with this recipe, yes it is that powerful, And here I give that power to you 😉
This recipe is a formula, most ingredients can replaced and yet you will have great results. The recipe below is my most favorite one.
You will need:
- 4 lamb shoulder chops, I prefer Australian lamb over American cause it’s not as gummy as American. (This is a US specific problem, lamb eating countries don’t have to choose, almost every kind of lamb there is good!)
- 2-3 strands of rosemary. Leaves separated from the stem. (you may use thyme leaves or mustard seeds instead of rosemary)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tea spoon crushed black or cayenne pepper
- 1 table spoon lemon juice, squeezed out fresh (you can very well use orange juice or mandarine juice)
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Put everything except for lamb in a blender to form a smooth paste.
- Marinate lamb with the paste for 1/2 and hour in a ziplock bag, or any plastic container. Toss the bag from one hand to another, so that the paste coats the lamb.
- Preheat the oven at 350F
- Place the lamb on top shelve of oven in an oiled baking tray.
- Let it bake for an hour. Then throw away the juice around the lamb, you may use it to make sauce as well. Drip the fat around the lamp over the lamb.
- Put it back in the oven and let it bake for another 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove it from oven and serve it with mint jelly or just nice green salad.